CLICK BELOW TO SIGN UP FOR BOOT CAMP

CLICK BELOW TO SIGN UP FOR BOOT CAMP
CLICK ABOVE FOR BOOT CAMP REGISTRATION

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hello every one,
Well I must admit here I am on my first day and I feel like I have been cheating. I am a bit OCD and have been worried about "falling off the wagon" so to speak, with this paleo thing. So for the last two weeks I have been experimenting with different meals and such. I found a couple of great resources located at www.crossfit.com If you crossfit, you owe yourself to get on the board and learn, read and ask questions. You can follow my beginners questions here at :http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=50956 . Some great basic info can also be found here at :http://www.paleodiet.com/
So let tell you my Goals:

1. Continue to manage weight
2. Improve performance at WOD's
3. Prove/Disprove a normal human can benefit..trust me I r normal

So with that out there this what I had for day 1:

B:
2 egg omelet
1 strip bacon
diced tomato's
diced green pepper
Cup of coffee (just coffee non of that silly stuff added)

Snack:
Handful of following mix:
Almonds
Pecans
Walnuts
raisins
sunflower seeds

L:

Left over of the following

Chicken Breasts Supreme
-----------------------
1 boneless chicken breast cut in half (2 pieces)
1 fresh lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped Parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried)
2 tablespoons of olive oil

Cut off fat and remove tendons from chicken breasts. Cut chicken into
bite size pieces. Heat a skillet on medium high, add olive oil. When the
pan and oil are hot, sauté chicken until just cooked through (chicken will
spring back when pressed with finger). Add lemon juice and chopped parsley.
Toss chicken with lemon, parsley and olive oil for one to two minutes.
Serves 2.
Adapted from Mary f. in rec.food.cooking and Julia Child

Snack:
Handful of following mix:
Almonds
Pecans
Walnuts
raisins
sunflower seeds
Large green apple

D:

Barbecued Venison Steaks with Herbs
------------------------------
-----
4 Venison Steaks (4 oz. each)
Chopped rosemary 2 Tbsp
Chopped garlic 2 Tbsp
Chopped thyme 2 Tbsp
Olive oil 1/4 cup
pepper to taste

For marinade, combine oil and herbs. Marinate venison for 4 hours in
refrigerator, covered. Remove from marinade and shake off excess oil.
Place venison on grill over just hot coals (but not flaming). Season with
pepper and brush with marinade. Cook for 5 minutes turning once, or until
medium rare.
From http://www.foodcomm.com/recipes/

Give This Post A Thumbs-Up! | Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: