CLICK BELOW TO SIGN UP FOR BOOT CAMP

CLICK BELOW TO SIGN UP FOR BOOT CAMP
CLICK ABOVE FOR BOOT CAMP REGISTRATION

Tuesday, August 9, 2011


 ***** COMPOUND CROSSFIT SPOTLIGHT *****
 CAN I STILL WORKOUT IF I'M PREGNANT?

 THE COMPOUND WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO RECOGNIZE THE HARD WORK AND DEDICATION OF ONE OF OUR MEMBERS. DON'T WORRY, THIS IS THE FIRST OF MANY, WE HAVE PLENTY MORE STORIES JUST LIKE THIS ONE!!!

DARCY MYERS
(in her words)

I have been doing crossfit with the Compound for a little over a year.  Now with the expert advice of the trainers and the help of Crossfit Mom I am continuing my training at 27 weeks (6 months) pregnant with baby boy #2.  Crossfit was the answer to losing my baby weight from the first child so I decided to continue with it through this pregnancy as well to avoid the same weight gain. I'm proud to say I have only gained approx 10 lbs. in 6 months.  There are certain modifications that must be made, for example, I cannot do handstand push ups ( which I was trying to get better at pre-budda belly) now they are inverted off a 12" box. Also I have to drop the amount of weight I lift, for example, pre-budda deadlift PR was 216# now I am lifting under 100#.  This is a result of trying to maintain health as opposed to maxing out.

Darcy continues to be a superb motivator at the gym......a little aggressive sometimes..... but still a great person to workout with!! haha. She is a prime example of what you can achieve with hard work and dedication. Her story can often be heard at our Boot Camp orientation class which we volunteer her to speak to the new arrivals in our program. Keep up the good work Darcy!!! Stay tuned for updates on her progress through her pregnancy.










No comments: